Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Monday, May 30, 2011
MPEL, PAL, KLIC, HMY, ATML, AKAM
All these picks look poised to make another move higher in the coming days.
ATML, KLIC, AKAM and MPEL : Ideally, i'd love to see a few more days of basing or sideways churning to help create a stronger 'launching pad' before lifting.
HMY and PAL look ready to move right now.
Posted by Stewie at 1:41 PM
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
I am still seeing LOTS of mixed signals out there. I still feel like the bounce we are seeing is of the 'dead cat' bounce variety meaning this is most likely only a simple bounce to clear some "OVER SOLD" levels before we head lower once again on the indices. This bounce phase might last a few more days before we roll over again however so please stay SHARP, NIMBLE and OPEN MINDED. ANYTHING is possible at any moment. STAY SHARP.
SHORTS setups: AVP, EBIX, HRB, PLCE, REDF
LONGS setups: WTI, BAS, DAR, HERO, NR, PDC, TRGL, SSN
Good luck traders!
Posted by Stewie at 11:34 PM
Good morning traders!
Keep an eye on the index charts today. NYMO chart is approaching levels where in the past it has been unsafe to be short as snap back rallies have started from these levels. Also, it makes sense to potentially look at taking some long positions as the SPX tests that all important 1300 area. SPX futures dropped to as low as 1300 in overnight trading and are thus far successfully holding. We are opening lower this morning but i would not be surprised to see the indexes close higher today and start a small bounce phase from here.
Good luck everyone!
Posted by Stewie at 6:27 AM
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Trades Cost Sold
SSO 177 145 = $32.00 LOSS X2 = $-64.00
BIDU 390 725= $335.00 GAIN X2 = $670.00
YOKU 220 500= $280.00 GAIN X1 = $280.00
PLAYED A COUPLE OF CALLS ON YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS AND THIS WAS MY DAY. GREAT CALLS!!!!"
"Booked $300 on that YOKU trade. Thanks for the awesome trade!"
YOKU from $43.8 to $45.07
BIDU from $127.75 to $130.01
Good day today.
"Thanks for your hard work and all you do. You charge half what others services do, and they don't even do half the work you do. Thanks for keeping me sane in an insane market.
Posted by Stewie at 5:17 PM
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
I just made a brand new video for you guys on HOW to properly trade a breakout. I gets tons of questions on this topic and i know there are no Black and White answers but here i explain what i typically look for when playing a breakout trade.
1. NEVER chase a gap up. If a stock gaps UP over your trigger entry price. Do not chase it. WAIT. Look for a a potential gap fill or a mini intra day consolidation to enter new positions or even skip the trade completely for today. Look elsewhere.
2. Ideally, you wanna see the stock open LOWER then the trigger price and after a few minutes or couple of hours after the market open, you wanna see a fresh high volume breakout over the breakout price, THEN you can enter your position either manually or via BUY LIMIT order.
3. Not all breakouts work! Some will fail. So make sure you know where your stop loss will be once a breakout takes place (for short term traders: ideally a good place to put a stop loss would be the Current Day's LOWS). For SWING TRADERS: use a stop loss under a recent SWING LOW.
4. VOLUME is everything! If you see a breakout hit with HIGH VOLUME over or near the breakout price, then your confidence can rise that you might potentially be sitting on a good trade.
JOIN US FOR A 14 DAY FREE TRIAL TODAY!!
Make sure to ask about SMS texting of the alerts and Auto Trading of the alerts!
Posted by Stewie at 7:35 PM
Monday, May 2, 2011
- ► 2018 (13)
- ► 2017 (10)
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (58)
- How To Properly Trade A Breakout : New ART OF TRAD...
- 7 New Setups To Watch This Week
- Short And Long Setups To Watch
- Keep An Eye On Support
- ART OF TRADING Success Story!!
- Awesome Day At The ART OF TRADING!!
- Great Day At The ART OF TRADING Chat Room!!
- These Charts Are Setting Up For Much Lower Prices ...
- How I Trade A Breakout
- "Mixed Signals" and Charts Of High Interest
- Respect Stop Losses!
- Index and ETF Analysis: A Read On Short Term Marke...
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2010 (319)
- ► 2009 (543)
- ► 2008 (607)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Charting Trends blog
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior