Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
We'd like to welcome you to the newsletter service world -- it's a good one and you'll find the experience of helping starting traders very gratifying. One of our subscribers is giving your service a free trial and is impressed so far by your program. There are a lot of newsletter services out there such as ours but you fill a great niche with your real-time alerts. We're confident that you'll be successful.
If you need any advice re PayPal (which can be nutty sometimes) or anything else on getting started send us a line.
Best of luck, HCPG
Thursday, March 26, 2009
March 26 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks will fall and the government will nationalize more banks as the economy contracts through the end of 2009, said Nouriel Roubini, the New York University professor who predicted last year’s economic crisis.
“The stock market is a bit ahead of the real macroeconomic and financial news,” Roubini, a professor at NYU’s Stern School of Business and the chairman of consulting firm Roubini Global Economics, said in an interview with Bloomberg Television in London today. “We’ll have some major banks going belly up that will need to be taken over.”
The global equity rebound in March that sent the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index to its best monthly advance in 17 years is a “bear-market rally” and U.S. Treasury yields will “remain relatively low” as investors flock to the safest assets, Roubini said. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner’s new plan to remove toxic debt from financial companies won’t be enough for insolvent banks, he said.
Roubini’s outlook contrasts with predictions this week from Templeton Asset Management Ltd.’s Mark Mobius and Traxis Partners LLC’s Barton Biggs, who said that equities are poised to rally as government efforts to revive the economy and banking system begin to work. Investors are “way too optimistic” about the prospects for a recovery in the economy and earnings, Roubini said.
The S&P 500 surged 7.1 percent on March 23 after Geithner unveiled a plan to finance as much as $1 trillion in purchases of illiquid real-estate assets, using $75 billion to $100 billion of the Treasury’s remaining bank-rescue funds. The government is conducting stress tests of banks to determine how much more capital each will need.
Roubini, who predicts loan and securities losses in the U.S. will reach $3.6 trillion, said the stress tests will reveal that some banks need to be taken over and have their good and bad assets separated before being sold to the private sector. He didn’t name which companies he thought would need to be rescued.
Futures on the S&P 500 expiring in June advanced 1.2 percent to 818 as of 8:30 a.m. in New York.
Critics of Geithner’s plan including Nobel laureate Paul Krugman, a professor at Princeton University, say the government should take over banks loaded with devalued assets, remove their top management, and dispose of the toxic securities. Sweden adopted the temporary nationalization approach in the 1990s.
“Some banks are going to have to be nationalized,” said Roubini. “It’s going to be bumpy ahead of us.”
Geithner and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke this week called for new powers to take over and wind down failing financial companies. They said the U.S. also needs stronger regulation to constrain the risks taken by firms that could endanger the financial system.
With “deflationary forces” lingering for as long as three years, Roubini said U.S. government bond yields will remain low and American house prices will fall as much as 20 percent in the next 18 months. While the dollar will initially benefit as investors seek a safe haven in the U.S., the currency will ultimately drop as the nation’s trade deficit shrinks, he said.
Roubini dismissed China’s call for the creation of a new international reserve currency as a “pie in the sky idea” that’s unlikely to gain traction any time soon.
China’s central bank Governor Zhou Xiaochuan this week urged the International Monetary Fund to expand the use of so- called Special Drawing Rights and move toward a “super- sovereign reserve currency.”
Geithner sent the dollar tumbling yesterday by saying he would consider China’s idea, only to drive it back up by affirming that the greenback should remain the world’s reserve currency.
“This was a political call and in a nut shell - it ain’t going to happen any time soon,” Roubini said.
Mobius, who helps oversee about $20 billion of emerging- market assets as executive chairman at San Mateo, California- based Templeton, said March 23 the next “bull-market” rally has begun. Biggs, the former chief global strategist for Morgan Stanley who now runs New York-based hedge fund Traxis Partners, predicted the same day the S&P 500 may jump between 30 percent and 50 percent.
The benchmark index for U.S. equities has surged 11 percent in March, poised for its biggest monthly gain since 1991. The MSCI Emerging Markets Index of equities in 23 developing nations is headed for the steepest monthly advance on record after rising 20 percent in March.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
10 DAY FREE TRIAL
Starting today i will be focusing most of my attention on this service and it's subscribers. Blogging will have to take a back seat for now. Please take the time to read thru the details of this service. I am confident you'll find it to be a real asset to your trading arsenal and development as a trader!
Monday, March 23, 2009
I had a trader interview with Tim Bourquin today and i think Tim was very curious about why i have reduced my trading size by half or quarter after the huge winnings i had in 2008. He said "you'd think that i thought you would really be very aggressive and really be going for it now after these huge winnings?". Hopefully i got my point across by telling him that 2008 was my kind of market with a huge payouts to the bearish momo trader(that's me!). I also told him that the reason why i have reduced activity and size this year is because in the past, my biggest winning streaks have immediately been followed by my biggest losing streaks WHEN I USED THE SAME STYLE AND TECHNIQUES as i did during the winning phase. The Payout and Payback cycle which every trader goes thru. I am trying to avoid the payback cycle.
I realized that since 2009 opened up, momo bearish trades are NOT as visible and easy to play as in 2008. I am wathcing really good traders give back most of their 2008 winnings because they are caught in their old ways that made them $$$$. These are very experienced traders who made millions last year mind you.
my cents. hope it helps.
happy trading to ALL!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Too bad, i was hoping for weakness to get LONG tmrw morning!
Look out for my detailed post which will discuss the upcoming Stock Alerts & Indexes Service i will be offering soon. I am VERY EXCITED about this as i am sure many will find helpful!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
YOU SHOULD EXPECT:
LOTS OF CHARTS!! You Know My Blog By Now! I Let The Charts Do The Talkin!
- Weekend Summary of the previous week and what to look for the following week.
- Analysis of weekly, daily, 60, 30 and 15 min of stocks & indexes i deem relevant.
- Scan thru various of my watchlists to spot what i deem are good potential setups.
- Do not expect 20 different setups. Expect 3-5 SOLID setups. That's it! Less is MORE! (please make sure to double check earnings dates and/or distributions on etfs).
- I will help ALL members who have concerns about their trading or obstacles (via email). I will try and answer any questions and try and guide you in the right direction.
- I will email out swing trades & day trades candidates.
- I will do a daily analysis of major indexes and give possible direction expectations.
- I DO NOT TRADE EVERYDAY! So please do not expect me to shoot out trades at will.
- Good trades operate on their own time. Never force it. Let them come to you!
- I will always attempt to seek out THE LOWEST RISK enrties from my watchlist.
- I expect you to be somewhat independent in your thinking after reading thru the emails.
- I am most active in the 1st hour and final 2 hours. Don't expect much in between.
- I will shoot out emails containing specific stocks, entries, stops and always be aware of trade managements emails(such as moving stops to breakeven if a profit is realized, etc).
- YOU NEED TO STICK TO THESE STOPS otherwise what is the use. DISCIPLINE ALWAYS WINS.
- There is no such thing as the perfect trading system: expect drawdowns and win streaks. Managing these streaks is what good traders do so well!
- You will also get emails that look like this or this or this. Use it to your discretion. Trading is an art, be creative and practice using your own judgement.
- I will shoot out (from time to time) videos like this and this, even tho i hate my voice and always sound nervous!
- Index setups.
- Lots of trading psychology material to help you stay sharp, self aware and positive.
- ALL alerts/charts/trading thoughts/videos etc will be emailed to you and you should receive them within seconds.
I rarely ever use margin when trading. Money management on these trading alerts is totally up to you but i urge you to be smart and wise as to how you allocate money to ALL your trades. I personally like to use small positions this way i remain unemotional and think rationally thru out the trade. Once you start to take gorilla sized trades you are setting yourself up for failure, no doubt in my mind. Don't be greedy! Once you feel more confident in your timing, risk management and trading in general then you can increase your size.
I have been trading full time for 6 years now and i have tremendous respect for the market.
You will learn to be that way once you get your teeth and head knocked in a few times. I am much smaller than the market and i must abide by it's rules day in and day out or else i will be gobbled up and no one will even notice or care. You must respect the power of the markets you trade in.
Regular visitors of this blog and folks who traded with me on Wallstreak.com know how i trade and have seen my trading calls and have seen how i managed thru the worst bear seen in decades (in real time for the most part).
I have subscribed to many newsletters in my past and i know very well what traders wanna see. They WANT QUALITY INFORMATION & ANALYSIS that they can trade from!! At the same time, I WANT TO SEE ALL my subscribers do well or feel like their trading is taking a turn for the better.
How Much Will This Service Set you Back?
All this will cost you a mere $50 a month. I am trying to give a reasonable price that i think everyone can afford. $50 is the price of the commission on some trades!!!
Payment will be done thru Paypal.
This service is now active! So if you think this will be of use to your trading goals, THEN WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
I will teach YOU EVERYTHING i know!
- Charting from A to Z.
- Setting price targets from charting.
- Scanning and tracking 5, 15, 30, 60, daily and weekly timeframes to gain an edge.
- Using MACD and RSI to spot potential reversal spots.
- Volume anaylsis to spot fear and greed.
- Candles to spot exhaustion and reversals: (Check out this post).
- Using various indicators to detect potential major turning points.
- Studing market internals to determine strength or weakness in a move to spot reversals(check out this post).
- Preparing for the next market day and creating watchlists.
- Spotting the most reliable price pattern formations such as wedges, flags and NR7s.
- Trading using Reverse Psychology of Crowds.
- Position Sizing management so as to stay as "unemotionless" as possible.
- Trading the Holy Grail pattern in strong directional moving markets.
- Day trading and swing trading strategies.
- Knowing when/how to enter short positions.
- Building positions in stocks in anticiaption of a big directional move.
- Developing Market Feel take years to master but i will try my best here.
- Keeping and maintaining a Trading Log to monitor yourself closely.
- The importance of psycholgy in trading and knowing when to rest yourself.
- Being able to stay as neutral as possible and hence being able to switch your bias in a matter of minutes (seconds in some cases) and trade according to how the charts morph infront of your eyes.
- How to Think Outside the Box in trading.
- Coaching yourself thru self-talk and self anaysis.
- Avoiding information overload in trading. Simple is stressfree and usually better.
- I will analyze your trades, your trading and give you good honest feedback.
- NO Options, futures, or forex. I don't mess with these things.
That summerizes what i have in the pipeline, I am sure tons more stuff will come whilst teaching.
All this will be LIVE and REAL TIME and communication will be done on AOL Instant Messenger and MSN Instant messenger.
I will be at your service from 6AM to 2Pm west coast time or (9Am-5Pm east coast time). Will be small breaks in between these times but you will be notified.
I will allow up to a 30 minute phone call per day with each student.
I will give BUY or SELL recommendations in real time on trades you are watching.
I will call out potential good entries on trades, stops and will give constant feedback as where i think market prices might be headed.
I DO NOT trade everyday so please do not expect me to call out trades every day. I hate to force something that is not there.
Anyone who is serious about their trading should consider taking this step. There is no doubt in my mind that you will grow as a trader after completing this program.
I DO NOT guarantee you will be a Trading Heavy Weight once you are done with this program but i am confident that you will be BETTER, MORE SKILLFUL and MORE CONFIDENT in your abilities which will hopefully open the potentail to make better trades and make more money(I legally cannot guarantee that obviously). I am also convinced that this program will TAKE YEARS out of your learning process and we all know the learning process means money lost, which is something i had to do on my own and it took me a good ten years; subscribing to dozens and dozens of newsletters and reading tons of trading material, books, blogs and attending seminars etc. The learning process is THE TOUGHEST PART OF TRADING. MOST traders don't last long enough to get thru this very vital step. MY GOAL WITH THIS PROGRAM IS TO SHORTEN THIS STEP FOR YOU. I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!! As many of you already know, I LOVE HELPING traders! Why? Because i know this is a tough gig and i never ever had help and it's my way of paying back but if you do it right, this gig could be the most rewarding thing you do!
This program will take out YEARS off your learning process. I am confident of that.
Regular visitors of this blog and folks who traded with me on Wallstreak know how i trade and have seen my trading calls(many outrageous) and have seen how i managed thru the worst bear we have seen in decades. 2008 was my best year trading and it's because of the skills I plan to teach and this is what I am excited about!
What Is A Fair Price?
I decided that I have to charge what i think is a fair cost for me and the student. It took me years of hard work and dedication to get to where i am today. I lost tons of money during the learning process and this in my opinion is the price that you pay in the school of hard knocks. I knew it and i accepted it. I never had a mentor to show me the ropes, I did it all ALONE unfortunately. That's why it took me for damn long to finally get it right.
Do i wish i did it differently? HELL YEAH!!!!! Without question! I wish I had a good mentor that held my hand an took me under his wing. I would have paid $5000 easily if the mentor was a good one and helped shorten that vicious learning curve.
I am offering this one month mentorship program where i will attempt to teach you everything i know for $795. Sounds like a big amount, right? NO WAY! This is NOT a big amount if you can only think about how much money your learning curve will cost you if you skipped this step. Believe me, if i had to do this trading journey all over again, I would do it thru a mentor, no question in my mind! I would want a mentor who truly wants to see me grow as a trader however. I WANT to be part of your transition process from an average struggling trader to someone with skills, confidence, discipline and lasting power.
I will not be able to accept more than 6 students at any given month. This will simply be too much for me to handle and it would not be fair to the student who will require a lot of attention. I will accept the first ones that reply to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
First come, first serve! You better email me quick because based on the emails i have been receiving over the past few weeks, these classes will fill up quick!
Anybody that comes after that will just have to wait till the following month.
Paypal will be setup on my blog soon!
First class begins April 1st and will run til April 30th.
Invest in yourself and it could be the best trade you have ever done!
I will only feel like this mentorship program has succeeded if YOU FEEL LIKE A MUCH BETTER and MORE SKILLFUL TRADER to tackle these markets with confidence!
I WANT YOU TO WIN pure and simple!!!
Are you ready for the TRANSITION PROCESS? Then Email me NOW!
Important Notice - Risk Disclaimer: Stocks trading has large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the stock and options markets. Don't trade with money you can't afford to lose. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to Buy/Sell stocks. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this web site. The past performance of any stock trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Recall the 1996-1998 time frame, the mind boggling and until this day the MOST amazing bubble i have ever seen. Cab drivers and college students were increasing their accounts by 100-500% and everyone who bot AMZN, JDSU, QCOM and AOl thought they were market experts. I remember it very vividly, the wealth creation was dreamlike, everybody wanted to trade and everybody made money. You could not go wrong! Just BUY TECH! Henry Blodget and Mary Meeker(poster boy and girl analysts who kept the dream alive with outrageous high price targets).
So the journey began after i opened my little scottrade account and back then IPOs were the talk of town. So i decided to buy $500 worth of TheGlobe.com in November 1998. The pricing was at $10(if i recall right) and being the rookie that i was i thought that i would get that price buying at the open of trading on IPO debut(shows how little i knew)....WRONG!!!! The stock opened in the $80 range(if i recall right) and i remeber saying "shit! i knew the puppy is gonna sky rocket, i want in!" So i placed a market order and watched the stock drop about 15% after i bot it. YIKES!!! I got the fuck out the next day i believe.
That was my first trade ever and until this day i will never forget it. I used to trade in between classes in the computer lab. LOL! Back then the market was forgiving. I learned my lesson and never traded IPOs ever again. I did however end up buying the Internet high flyers AOl, AMZN, JDSU etc and my account grew to $2600 and i closed the account and went on to buy lots of beer and new gear. LOL!! Opened my second account a few months later.
How far i have come since that trade....it's almost surreal that i am still in the trading game after all these years and man-o-man do i have some war stories. There must have been hundreds of thousands of trades after that one.
That's my first trade, thanks for reading.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
One sign of a tidal wave shift is when lesser experienced traders are very eager to wanna short and start to give up the upside potential. Looking around, i can "smell" anxiety and hopeful "late of the party bears" hanging on for dear life here. I do not like the idea that stocks will drop from here. I say it goes up, way up potentially even. We shall see...
Monday, March 16, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
The candles printed on FAZ, SKF and TWM are very bullish.
Friday, March 13, 2009
- ► 2018 (13)
- ► 2017 (10)
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (319)
- SPX Falling Wedge Still Holding
- George Soros: The Recession Could Last FOR EVER!
- Possible Falling Wedge Here
- FAZ Setting Up A Reversal
- THE MOST CLASSY THING I HAVE EVER SEEN
- The Art Of Trading Stocks/Index Alerts Service
- Stock Setups
- Roubini Says Stocks Will Drop as Banks Go ‘Belly Up’
- HERE IT IS! FINALLY! 10 DAY FREE TRIAL
- Trader Thoughts
- Nervous Bulls + Eager Bears
- LONG 4000 FEED at 2.10
- SHORT 400 OIH at 83.27
- LONG 500 DXD at 65.23
- Getting Ready For My Second Trader Interview With ...
- Futures Screaming Higher As Of Now
- Important Week
- Two Setups To Watch
- Medium Term Sell Signal On Indexes
- NR7/Inside Day
- SOLD FAZ 32. 83
- LONG 250 FAZ at 33.4
- 60 MIn Bull Flag on SPX
- The Art Of Trading Stocks/Index Email Alerts Service
- Seeing It Again
- Market Update
- The Art Of Trading Mentorship Program Update
- The Art Of Trading Stocks/Index Alerts Service
- Citi CandleStick
- The Art Of Trading Mentorship Program Update
- SOLD FAZ at 28.63
- LONG FAZ : Hollow candle
- MAjor Short Squeeze
- The Art Of Trading Mentorship Program
- Strong BUYS
- We Could Be Approaching A Major Top Very Soon
- Trading On FED Day..
- Market RALLY Facts
- BINGO! I SEE GREEN!
- Keep FAZ On The Watchlist
- A Market That Refuses To Drop Will ONLY Do One Oth...
- Rock The Vote!
- Don't be Too Eager To Short Here
- My FIRST Trade
- Scanning Thru Several Charts: One Major Problem Fo...
- Got Lots To Do
- No Edge Here: We Could Be Setting Up A Flag
- OUT FAZ 43.17
- Looking Thru Many Other Blogs
- Nice Reversal At The Close On FAZ
- LONG FAZ: Swing Trade: 300 shrs at 36.48
- Out BAC 6.44
- Long BAC
- On Days Like Today
- BGZ Swing Trade
- Out FAZ: Small LOSS at 37.17
- FAZ: Hollow Candle Number Two
- Pre Market Futures Gapping Higher
- Your Tax Money At Work!!
- Scanning Thru Several Dozen Charts Tonight
- The More I Watch My Previous Post's Charts..
- Stopped Out Of FAZ For a $2.98 Gain.
- Volume In FAZ Is Very Strong
- FAZ re-entering at 40.11
- Taking A Small $1 Loss on FAZ and Sitting Out For Now
- FAZ: Hollow Candle
- YOU MUST WATCH THIS VIDEO: Very Sobering Moment Fo...
- For Those Interested In PRIVATE COACHING
- FAZ Crashing To Strong Support Levels
- It's Crunch Time
- Pre Market Update
- The STOCK PICKING SERVICE I Want To Offer You PART...
- I Am NOT Impressed By Today's Candles
- How Can I Help?
- DOJI like Patterns On FAZ and SKF
- FAZ and SKF At Supports
- People Are Giddy Yet Stocks Are At Resistance Now
- GREAT ARTICLE ABOUT INTERVIEWING TIPS
- For The REAL Pizza Lovers: Pizza Napoletana
- An Example Of Why Inverse ETFs are Trading Vehicle...
- For What Its Worth
- One Hour To Go Before The Close
- ABX Bear Flag Update
- Citi Is Porfitable?? Who Knew??
- Learn From Your Mistakes By Alan Farley
- You Packin HEAT?
- Zero Reasons To Be Long
- CandleSticks Pointing To More Bleeding...
- SUCKER RALLY!!!
- Where's the FEAR?? Part 2: Charts and Analysis By ...
- Where's the FEAR?? Part 1: Charts and Analysis By ...
- ABX Setting Up A Bear Flag
- What Happened To The PPT??
- FAZ Breakout
- Jon Stuart's Daily Show Tears CNBC a New One!
- Preparing For Meltdown
- ▼ March (109)
- ► 2008 (607)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Charting Trends blog
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior