The COT Report:
The latest Commitments of Traders report from the CFTC shows that Commercial Hedgers sold 18,917 S&P 500 futures contracts last week to bring their net short position to -7,222 contracts. Large traders were net short -8,394 contracts, with Small Traders net long the remaining 15,616, the so-called "weak hands". For the Nasdaq 100 futures, Commercials sold 4,564 contracts last week to bring their net long position to 2,967 contracts. Small Traders were net long 2,531 contracts in the Nasdaq. Commercial action in Dow futures saw the smart money buy 2,750 contracts to bring their net long position to 5,842 contracts.
Commercial Hedgers were better sellers in the S&P's last week, while Small Traders were better buyers, a short term bearish sign. Commercials are now net short in the all important S&P futures, and that has been an intermediate term bearish sign historically.
- ► 2017 (10)
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (319)
- ► 2009 (543)
- ► 2008 (607)
- COT Numbers
- For What it's Worth: Here's Byron Wien's Top Ten f...
- Happy New Year Fellow Traders!!!
- Last Holy Grail Setup for 2007
- Expecting a choppy session thursday to relieve Ove...
- More Holy Grail Setups that Took place today
- SOLD FSLR Swing at $274.
- Stocks to Watch Very Closely
- NDX Update: Falling Wedge Playing Out Nicely.
- Trade In FSLR taken Friday
- NDX Update
- The BEST trading book
- Holy Grail Trades and Examples
- The Best Trade of the Week: N
- mrkt update
- Stewie Meets Wall Street
- Important Market Update
- Three Day Trades in SRS
- A look inside today's Internals
- Where's the FED? They Claimed They Would be very F...
- Setups To Watch
- Short term mrkt analysis
- Divergences Spot the bottom today and set up a nic...
- FSLR trade
- SKF: Holy Grail Trade Today.
- Short Term Very Strong BUY SIGNAL!
- NDX. Bearish Looking Wedge.
- I have a Dinner Engagement Tonight with My Lady
- FED Selloff was Harsh but it was rather Expected.
- Sold TNH: A swing from yesterday at $138.1 for a s...
- Two Kinds of Markets/ Two Favorite Patterns
- Setup To Watch: SOHU
- TNH Trade
- Small Sell Signal on XBD.
- Intra Day Setup
- Intra Day Alert on XBD/Broker Index.
- Holy Grail
- From Legendary Stock Market timer Bob Brinker's Ne...
- Long term Charts Supports the Bullish Case
- Wake UP and Smell the Bull Market!
- Trades Taken Today: Holy Grail Setups Took Center ...
- Major Bottom Potentially Taking place in the Broke...
- Nasdaq H&S Breakout Update
- Brokers Putting in a H&S Bottom: Bull well underwa...
- SPX H&S Update: Right on Schedule!
- RIMM bounce coming...
- The Market continues to Rally even infront of BAD ...
- H&S Pattern i've been calling for all week looks t...
- Intra Day H&S update
- Patience, patience, patience....
- Mrkt On Hold Til Fed Day: Three Charts to Watch Ov...
- Great Video: Enjoy.
- NDX Analysis
- An Uneasy Feeling
- Intra Day Market Update: Nasdaq trying to carve ou...
- Intra Day Setup: ANW
- ▼ December (56)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Charting Trends blog
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior