Here was my response to this very very good question:
That's a great question Dino.
Day trading brings out gambling habits in emotional people. The constant repetitive trading will bring out emotional sides in traders.
Small time frame traders are the most vulnerable of all traders b/c they are most likely to second guess their views b/c of the speed of the timeframe. Second guessing leads to overtrading, overtrading leads to churning of the account via commissions/slippage and the emotional aspects of trading(revenge trading, fear of missing out, fear of being wrong, stubborn/egotistical trading, catching up, frustration etc etc etc).
Trading small time frames is very risky to a trader who does not have a rock solid strategy he needs to stick with and tune out all the noise that interferes with the trader intra day.
If you are an obsessive person, then day trading is definitely not for you. trading will instigate and wake up all sorts of negative habits namely over trading which is a trading sin. That is still one of my worst traits. My brokers love me, but screw the brokers. If i set a daily limit of 3 trades everyday and after three trades i am completely done, then i'd beef up my long term PnL for sure. How many times have you made 1-2 trades and were up nicely on the day, only to piss away the nice gains by putting on 10-15 mediocre trades later in the session?
Over Trading brings out gambling like habits and makes a trader very obsessive.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (319)
- ► 2009 (543)
- ► 2008 (607)
- Is anybody having Trouble seeing my charts that i ...
- FSLR Setting up again: 15 min. chart
- DBD Trade on RIMM Today.
- One last Nasdaq update: Don;t be scared of this de...
- Intra Day Update
- Intra Day Update
- BULLS back in charge: Today's non event day spoke ...
- SPX: Falling wedge breakout finally come thru.
- DinosaurTrader Brings a Very Good Topic Tonight on...
- HOLY GRAIL
- Holy Grail: Day Trade on DRYS.
- Anatomy of The Double Bottom Divergence (DBD) Trad...
- SRS: Putting in a Short term Top: Will be Interest...
- Day trading double bottoms. Check back later.
- The Bizarro Market:
- QQQQ & VIX
- Intra Day Update: Internals, Internals, Internals!...
- 60 min. charts firming up bigtime
- It's Sloppy but A Rally is Brewing: The corrective...
- RALLY Coming! All Elements are there.
- Case Study On Lower Highs and Higher Lows: JASO
- More Hints of a Bounce....
- Got Bounce we expected, even tho it was sloppy. It...
- Early Hints that a Bounce could be Coming...
- Cyclicals breakdown and backtest: Down We Go.
- VIX: Cup and Handle?
- Bear Market Behavior
- Screen Time Does Not Always Result in More Profits...
- Worst Week for Nasdaq Since April 2002
- Stocks Predicting a Resession
- Resistance to Watch
- No Overnight Holds
- lower highs breaks the mrkt's back.
- Pain on the Menu.
- Having Goals in Trading by leavitt Bros.
- ▼ November (36)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Charting Trends blog
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior