Sunday, November 11, 2007
Worst Week for Nasdaq Since April 2002
I have been very concerned for a number of days now about the recent action in the market especially when it came to how well BIDU, GOOG, RIMM, MSFT and AAPL have been supporting this market meantime the number of stocks hitting new 52 week lows has been steadily increasing. I knew, that once they started to crack, that the market would come crashing down. This mrkt has been struggling for a while now, but the hot momo stocks have been doing a very good paint job of making the mrkt look better than it really is. This type of poor breadth and poor leadership is very typical in the ending phases of a bull mrkt. Where fewer and fewer stocks carry the indexes, while under the surface tons of other sectors are literally breaking down hard. Look at the banking, Semiconductor and transportation sectors as examples. These are the three most important sectors. I expect a period of serious weakness in the indexes. I suspect we could easily see the indexes drop 20% from the highs. Now, there will be lots of rallies along the way where the bulls might think that they are out of the woods, but this will only be nothing more than wishful thinking. Markets go up and markets go down, we as traders don't care which way they go, we just need to exploit the opportunities and there will be TONS, both Long and Short. Good Trading.
Posted by Stewie at 6:39 PM
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (319)
- ► 2009 (543)
- ► 2008 (607)
- Is anybody having Trouble seeing my charts that i ...
- FSLR Setting up again: 15 min. chart
- DBD Trade on RIMM Today.
- One last Nasdaq update: Don;t be scared of this de...
- Intra Day Update
- Intra Day Update
- BULLS back in charge: Today's non event day spoke ...
- SPX: Falling wedge breakout finally come thru.
- DinosaurTrader Brings a Very Good Topic Tonight on...
- HOLY GRAIL
- Holy Grail: Day Trade on DRYS.
- Anatomy of The Double Bottom Divergence (DBD) Trad...
- SRS: Putting in a Short term Top: Will be Interest...
- Day trading double bottoms. Check back later.
- The Bizarro Market:
- QQQQ & VIX
- Intra Day Update: Internals, Internals, Internals!...
- 60 min. charts firming up bigtime
- It's Sloppy but A Rally is Brewing: The corrective...
- RALLY Coming! All Elements are there.
- Case Study On Lower Highs and Higher Lows: JASO
- More Hints of a Bounce....
- Got Bounce we expected, even tho it was sloppy. It...
- Early Hints that a Bounce could be Coming...
- Cyclicals breakdown and backtest: Down We Go.
- VIX: Cup and Handle?
- Bear Market Behavior
- Screen Time Does Not Always Result in More Profits...
- Worst Week for Nasdaq Since April 2002
- Stocks Predicting a Resession
- Resistance to Watch
- No Overnight Holds
- lower highs breaks the mrkt's back.
- Pain on the Menu.
- Having Goals in Trading by leavitt Bros.
- ▼ November (36)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Charting Trends blog
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior