Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Trading The Open: Why Trading The Open Can Yield Nice Profits
Trading the open is my favorite time to trade. That's when the imbalances between the buyers and sellers is highest imo. Bulls are nervous, bears are nervous and volatility is high and if you are fast, astute and can make quick decisions in the early morning than this time frame could be very rewarding. The open and the close of most sessions will do one of TWO things: Either A: The trend will reverse or B: The trend will accelerate. If the market is selling off or gaps down at the open for example, then Either the selloff will accelerate or reverse shortlt after. Your ability to spot reversals and pattern recognition to pinpoint flags, pennants, tails etc etc will also help in determining whether you are dealing with a reversal or trend continuation. I also AVOID trading after the first hour, cause that's when you'll mostly choppy conditions and that's what'll frustrate and eat up accounts.
Here's a Case Study using MEE over the past few days.
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (319)
- ► 2009 (543)
- QQQQ Analysis
- BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Happy Halloween!!!!!!
- FXP Looks Ready Turn?
- Coiled Up
- VIX Breakdown
- Note To Self:
- VIX Refuses To Give Up The Line
- Yet Another Inverse ETS Update: Supports Holding
- Bo Yoder
- Inverse Funds Update
- It's Baked Into The Cake
- OUCH! Calling It A Month!
- Inverse Funds Setups Update
- Same Ol Same Ol: Another Sucker's Rally
- Inverse Funds Setting Up Again: Video 4: Sorry for...
- Got Shorts?
- She Could Be Our President!
- The Stock Market Exposes Another Loser!
- Disappointing Day For The Bulls
- Charts Hinting At A Possible Rally Brewing
- My Game Plan Today
- You Have Benn Warned!
- VIX! Oh BOY!
- Short Setup To Watch
- VXN Falling Wedge Update
- IT'S ELECTION TIME!!!!!
- Video 2: Update On Inverse Funds
- AAPL Earnings!!!!!!! WOW!!!!
- Inverse ETFs Closing Numbers Update
- What Rallies Look Like These Days
- Inverse ETFs Mid Day Update
- Market Update
- Bo Yoder Newsletter
- Point and Figure Charts Paints The Picture
- Are You Ready?? CNBC Faces Will Look THIS!!!
- Short ETFS 60 Min Charts Setting Up: These Are Ver...
- Should Cramer Be FIRED???????
- YOU MUST WATCH THIS CHART!!!!
- VIX Chart Finally Topping Out?? :-( :-( :-(...
- Interview With One Of The First Guys To predict Th...
- Reading Around The Blogs
- Smart Sitting On The Sidelines
- Stock To Watch Tmrw
- What A Shame To Miss Today
- You Need To Read This To Understand What Is Leadin...
- Thanks For Voting Everyone!
- Examples Of The Weak Reversals I AM Seeing
- I Apologize For Talking Shit About This Man
- VIX Update: But Does This Indicator Really Mean An...
- I AM NOT CONVINCED
- US Dollar Breaking Out Now!
- Ummm yea. I Have The Right To Be Wrong.
- Thanks For The VOTES!!!
- Update On Recent Short Setups
- UYG Update: UYG Price Target $5---- SKF EXPLODING!...
- I got a notice the short ban had been extended to ...
- Expect Irony Tommorrow
- VIX Looks Toppy here. Could See A Short Term low ...
- US Dollar Starting To Look Toppy
- FED Intervenes! I Wish They Would Have Waited And ...
- Prediction: We Drop To 8500 On The DOW TODAY!
- Futures Pointing To Yet Another Crash Open
- All Eyes On Dem Financials Tomorrow
- Rock The VOTE!!
- Financials Breakdown Update: YIKES!!
- I Have Feeling
- VIX Monthly Chart Since 1990
- Classic Images: Off The Yahoo Front Page
- VIX Update
- US Dollar Topping Out?
- Short Setups and Breakdowns
- Barring Any FED Rate Cut Or Major PPT Maneuvering....
- A Previous Post Revisited: How The 2002 Bear Ended...
- Short Setups
- BE Very Careful PLEASE.
- Just A Gut Feeling
- Trading The Open: Why Trading The Open Can Yield N...
- ▼ October (79)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior