Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Anatomy of The Double Bottom Divergence (DBD) Trades
As many of you already know i love trading Double Bottoms Divergences(DBD) but i have never really explained it. So here it is: Hopefully you'll find it useful to your trading.
I am going to be working mainly in the 5 time frame for these examples:
A low of some sort must be in place or have has just been established. Price prints to a low and then start to move higher, therefore printing a actual low.
We need to see a recovery/bounce of some sort: usually they have a very reflexive/tame/weak nature to them. Then we need the bounce to start failing(this is where you roll up your sleeves, rub your hands, your eyes need to be sharpened and mind focused.
We need to see a RETEST(this is the KEY). This retest will setup the entry. The nice thing about buying the retest is that you are buying weakness(instead of strength, this way you avoid top-ticking) and you are buying near a previous low(step 1).
You are buying when many amatures are actually eyeing to be get short.
Note: If you want to play it safe, then wait for a confirmation of a reversal candle(such as: dojis, hammers etc) to get LONG(given step 4 in in place of course) and establish risk/reward parameters to execute the trade. Volume confirmation would be very nice.
And Step Four:
You need to spot the Divergences using RSI and MACD. As price approaches the double bottom territory, you need to keep an eye on the RSI & MACD and see if they are making higher lows as price is setting in a double bottom, that in essence tells you that the second decline is weak and hence "unsustainable" and will most likely reverse back UP!
Please note: On the 1 , 5 and 10 minute time frames, these events happen very quickly (gotta be quick to react) and a trader needs to practice and pattern recognition skills(which comes from seeing the pattern over and over again).
A lot of times, these Double Bottom Divergent(DBD) trades will yield quick small gains. It's up to the trader's discretion to either book profits quickly, ride for a bigger trend, or realize that the stock stalling and looks poised to break the Double Bottom and get out.
Hope you find it useful and good trading.
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (319)
- ► 2009 (543)
- ► 2008 (607)
- Is anybody having Trouble seeing my charts that i ...
- FSLR Setting up again: 15 min. chart
- DBD Trade on RIMM Today.
- One last Nasdaq update: Don;t be scared of this de...
- Intra Day Update
- Intra Day Update
- BULLS back in charge: Today's non event day spoke ...
- SPX: Falling wedge breakout finally come thru.
- DinosaurTrader Brings a Very Good Topic Tonight on...
- HOLY GRAIL
- Holy Grail: Day Trade on DRYS.
- Anatomy of The Double Bottom Divergence (DBD) Trad...
- SRS: Putting in a Short term Top: Will be Interest...
- Day trading double bottoms. Check back later.
- The Bizarro Market:
- QQQQ & VIX
- Intra Day Update: Internals, Internals, Internals!...
- 60 min. charts firming up bigtime
- It's Sloppy but A Rally is Brewing: The corrective...
- RALLY Coming! All Elements are there.
- Case Study On Lower Highs and Higher Lows: JASO
- More Hints of a Bounce....
- Got Bounce we expected, even tho it was sloppy. It...
- Early Hints that a Bounce could be Coming...
- Cyclicals breakdown and backtest: Down We Go.
- VIX: Cup and Handle?
- Bear Market Behavior
- Screen Time Does Not Always Result in More Profits...
- Worst Week for Nasdaq Since April 2002
- Stocks Predicting a Resession
- Resistance to Watch
- No Overnight Holds
- lower highs breaks the mrkt's back.
- Pain on the Menu.
- Having Goals in Trading by leavitt Bros.
- ▼ November (36)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Charting Trends blog
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior