Sunday, June 8, 2008
Anatomy Of A Super Short Squeeze
Short Interest in MXC: 27% of Float.
Short Interest in PDO: 15% of float.
Notice that the breakouts came from very long bases. The stock breakouts should be detected on the 52 week highs scans or percentage gainers scans. Ride out the breakouts till you see a reversal stick. Just remember, huge winners come out of long bases. As long as the high short interest is present, just know that the potential of a HUGE short squeeze is very possible. The Super Short Squeeze usually shows after the stocks has worked it's way higher for a few days/weeks and then you'll see a ONE day huge percentage and dollar gain. Most traders will be scared to go long after a huge percentage increase in the stock price but you gotta get long and ride out a squeeze until you see a clear reversal stick. usually the stock will open higher the following day and run for several days in similar fashion.
Ideal play, take a big position early in the move and trim as the stock continues to climb.
On the reversal day, the stock will usually gap up on HUGE volume and the stock will turn into the RED and accelerate lower and go deeper and deeper into the RED and that will usually start a several day decline. That is usually followed by an NR7 bar the stock might setup one more last smaller run before topping out for good.
- ► 2017 (10)
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (319)
- ► 2009 (543)
- Stages Of A Trader by Bo Yoder
- XBD BreakDown Update
- Bear Flag Building Time
- Stock To Watch: CRK
- BO Yoder NewsLetter
- To The Anonymous Posters
- Update On XBD Breakdown
- Holy Grail Setups Took Place Today
- Two Stocks To Watch Once The Dust Settles
- All Eye's On Johnson's Blog
- USO Breakout! FUCK!
- DOW JONES Supports Broken
- DJIA At Lows and VIX Looks Coiled And Ready To Exp...
- SOLD MY SKF Overnight Hold: Total Take Of $3700
- SQM Trade
- Bo Yoder Letter
- Trades Taken Today
- GOOG: Head And Shoulders Topping Pattern
- DOW Jones Long Term Chart
- MA SHORT SETUP
- NR7 On the Indexes: Expecting An Expansion In Pri...
- Stock To Watch
- Expectng HUGE Move In USO Soon: Probably UP.
- Getting Ready To BREAKDOWN
- On VIX and CRUDE Watch Next Week: Exciting Times!
- More Contrarian Indicators Starting To Surface: Cr...
- Awesome Feature Offered By StockCharts.com
- DEAD ON SUPPORT
- Index Charts: CRUDE Looks To Be Topping Here. Posi...
- Bearish Sentiment Continues To Run High Amoung Sma...
- Bo Yoder Newsletter
- Banking Meltdown
- MXC SETUP
- ATW Setup
- More Setups. I Tried To Post Yesterday But Was Una...
- Hope Some Of You Profited From Those Setups I Post...
- I Have trouble Believing The Bears Will Win
- Bo Yoder NewsLetter
- A Major Blonde Moment
- Two New Bloggers
- Stocks To Watch: ENS and ENER
- Trade Of The Day: Double Bottom Trade in SKF
- GOOG and BIDU Bear Flags
- Important Observation:
- Breakdowns All Over
- JRCC Breakout
- DOW Weekly Chart Update. Fallig Wedge Still In Pla...
- Anatomy Of A Super Short Squeeze
- Bo Yoder Letter
- IPI Chart Explodes On Cramer Pump With Me In it! B...
- Note to Self: Ben Affleck(aflack, lol) Sucks At Ac...
- Chart For Fate's Pilot
- Powerful Setup In A Powerful Stock In a Powerful S...
- Chart For MJ. FSLR Falling Wedge.
- Falling Wedge Update: Second Trendlines Breaks!
- SOL Setup
- Falling Wedge Update
- bo yoder letter
- I Am Not Sure Why But My Eyes Keep Pointing To Thi...
- So What Are The BEST Looking Charts Right Now??!!
- Three Positions A Trader Must Take
- Update On The Dow Weekly Chart
- Digging Under The Surface: A Little Rally Could Be...
- XCO Setup
- bo yoder newsletter
- ▼ June (67)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Charting Trends blog
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior