The COT Report:
The latest Commitments of Traders report from the CFTC shows that Commercial Hedgers bought 5,280 S&P 500 futures contracts last week to bring their net long position to 353 contracts. Large traders were net short -7,782 contracts, with Small Traders net long the remaining 7,429, the so-called "weak hands". For the Nasdaq 100 futures, Commercials bought 2,223 contracts last week to bring their net long position to 4,297 contracts. Small Traders were net long 2,563 contracts in the Nasdaq. Commercial action in Dow futures saw the smart money buy 318 contracts to bring their net long position to 4,560 contracts.
Commercial Hedgers were better buyers in the S&P's last week, while Small Traders were better seller, a short term bullish sign. Commercials are now net long in the all three index futures, and that has been an intermediate term bullish sign historically.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
- ► 2017 (10)
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (319)
- ► 2009 (543)
- Market Analysis and Setups
- Dealing With Losses By Price Headley
- Markets Unwinding Over Sold Levels By Drifting Hig...
- Gary Kaltbaum NewsLetter
- Stocks Hitting 52 Week Highs In a Bearish Market
- No Bottom Quite Yet. Will be On Double Bottom Watc...
- SHORTS SHORTS SHORTS!!! It's Gonna Get Active Next...
- GS Analysis
- BIDU Short Setup
- Anatomy of HG Trade: Enjoy!
- Two Nice Holy Grail (HG) Setups that Took Place To...
- No Setups for Tmrw, but i will be Hunting Holy Gra...
- Comp 60 Min. Breakout.
- Market Analysis: Strong Move Off the Lows on Volum...
- Day Trades Taken Today
- RSI/MACD Divergence at Double Bottom Called the Re...
- Update on AKS Short
- AKS potenial Short
- Short Setups
- Believe it OR not!
- Not What You Want to See in a So Called Bottom
- Closed out my SKF position on the moring gap down ...
- Futures Point to Crash Open on Tuesday
- Latest COT numbers show Smart Money Net Buyers Las...
- Bo Yoder Trader Thoughts
- ONE CHART TONIGHT but it should speak volumes. Enj...
- The HOLY GRAIL SETUP EXPLAINED
- VXN Update
- VIX Update
- H&S Topping Formations in MTL and BIDU
- Professional trader Mike Paulenoff Analysis of DXD...
- Index Charts and Analsys
- EEM Analysis
- PLEASE NOTE: My friend Ragin Cajun has asked me to...
- SP500 Analysis
- ICE Short Setup: Swing Short
- Two Nice Setups
- Bo Yoder's Analysis For Next Week
- QQQQ Flagging....
- Nasdaq Measured Move Achieved
- XAU chart
- SRS Falling wedge: Watch Carefully for a breakout....
- Index Charts
- NOTE TO SELF:
- We have ALL read this but it's Important to Read i...
- GOOG and BIDU Setups
- Top Trader Alan Farley Says:
- RIMM Setup
- Counter Trend Rally Set To take Place
- VIX ***VIX**** VIX!
- Index Charts and Analysis: All indexes are in Brea...
- SRS Day Trade
- Crude Topping OUT???!!!!
- Our 60 Min. Charts Poiting to Potential Rally Tmrw...
- Dow Sitting Right on Support
- Nasdaq Can Bounce Here.
- COT numbers are out and they continue to show Smar...
- Market and Leading Stocks Look Set For Even More W...
- Stages Of a Trader: By Bo Yoder
- Intra Day Mrkt Update: S&P500 testing support for ...
- I HATE this Chart even More Today!
- I HATE this Chart!!!
- Intra day Alerts
- Market Analysis coming into the new year.
- ▼ January (64)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Charting Trends blog
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior