Hi guys, i got this great email and response from another member about Prop firms as well a good way to get around the 25K issue. Just an idea, not investment advice or talking down prop firms.
The member writes:
I've been with 3 or 4 prop firms in the past but don't know if I would ever go with one again. The rules of the game have changed. In order to do things properly and not be guilty of illegally trying to circumvent the securities laws regarding customer accounts, prop firms now need to meet certain requirements, such as not having traders put up their own capital, not giving full payouts of trading profits, etc. Some firms try to finesse these requirements and can get into trouble if they aren't careful. You are also at risk of them going under with your capital as one prop firm did not too long ago. A safer way to get around the $25k day trading requirement might be to open 2 or more small accounts with different brokers and make sure you don't make more than 4 day trades within 5 business days in any one of them. Additional accounts can be IRAs, your spouse can have another, etc...
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
- ► 2018 (13)
- ► 2017 (10)
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (319)
- LOWER HIGHS Printing On All Indexes
- Stocks With Accelerating Momentum
- Cool NEW Feature To The Art Of Trading!!!!!
- Art Of Trading Service Performance For Week 24
- FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!!
- ENERGY Stocks Reversing Nicely
- Energy Stocks Pulling Back
- WHERE THERE'S SMOKE THERE IS FIRE!
- Art Of Trading Service Performance For Week 23
- UUP DOWN, GOLD UP....What Else Is New??
- 84.5% Return In 22 Weeks Of Live Trading!
- THE POWER OF BULL FLAGS!!
- Time For Another Breather
- New Member Makes A $890 Profit In His First Week!!!!
- Art Of Trading Service Performance For Week 22
- FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!!
- Transports Breaking OUT
- Mapping Out The UUP Bear Market
- BUYING BULL FLAGS IN STRONG STOCKS
- The Market Is Getting Ready To Rally
- 75.2% Return In 21 Weeks Of LIVE REAL TIME Trading!
- Three Beautiful Biotech Setups
- Art Of Trading Service Performance For Week 21
- Prop Firms and Getting Around The $25K Day Trading...
- GOLD PERKING UP
- UUP and Goldman Sach's Charts Updated Charts
- DJIA Topping Out
- ▼ September (27)
- ► 2008 (607)
- ART OF TRADING Premium Site
- Charting Trends blog
- Finance Trends bog
- It's Gold
- Keep Unread Blog
- momentum trader
- My Trader Interview
- Mystic Stocks
- NYC Trader
- Rant About It Blog
- stock rook goes pro
- Stock Virtual
- The Market Guardian
- Todds Trade
- trader market blog
- Trader9999 blog
- Trading Momentum blog
- Trading With Average Jay
- Wall Street Warrior